
Have you read The Shack? I have not, but plan to do so. This past Sunday at church, Greg King -one of our pastors at Carmel - mentioned this book in his sermon. He did not make a endorsement or anything, but it sparked my interest. Fast forward to sitting poolside with my mother-in-law. She is reading this book. She finished it today and is letting me borrow it. She said to read it in it's entirety.
From that comment, I assuming that it might get slow at some point.
Have any of you read it?
.jpg)
6 comments:
You will like this book, I think. I liked it. I'm not sure how "biblically correct" it is, as some have pointed out, but it's a good read. Love the pictures from the beach!
I know, when I heard Greg's message on Sunday and when he said it was a controversial book, I was a little interested in what it's about. Is it a novel? Let me know if it's worth reading.
Before you read it, you should read Challies review of it at http://www.challies.com/archives/book-reviews/the-shack-by-william-p-young.php
He had some very interesting things to say about it and they may help you distinguish the rather loose doctrine for what it is. I've heard it's a great story, but not theologically sound.
I know, I know - there is a first time for everything. I read it & liked it. I didn't think it was necessarily doctrinely unsound. It definitely is an interesting interpretation (you'll see what I mean) but since none of us truly "knows" (again, you'll see what I mean) I wouldn't say it is incorrect.
Kelley - is that you? Posting on my blog! One step closer to blogging yourself!
Isn't this book fiction?
Not sure I understand what the fuss is about on this book. It's fiction isn't it? Guess I'll have to decide for myself I'm # 296 in line. Should get it read by the time C graduates!
Post a Comment