Thursday, July 24, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Today has been a wonderful day. As many of you know - it's Triple Time at Harris Teeter. So my day started bright and early doing some deals. I had three transactions this morning. I'll outline each transaction:





1. Spent $7.97 and saved $66.58 - included in this order were multiple cereals, Bisquick, Windex, Shout, Ziploc Bags, Smuckers Jelly, Peanut Butter and a multi-pack of Angel Soft.



After I finished this order, I met Erin (who needs a blog!) and she gave me several coupons. Here she is cheerfully dolling out her excess couponage.










2. Spent $10.92 and saved $80.42 - included in this order were more Ziploc bags (listed on Caroline's school supply sheet), more Angel Soft toilet tissue (can you ever have enough toilet paper?), Chinet Plates, Ketchup, Pancake Mix, Olive Oil (no coupon for this - just needed it @$11.99), Applesauce, Uncle Bens Rice, Wet Ones, Shampoo, English Muffins, Utz Chips, and the obligatory mustard.

*I had a $20 off of $40 coupon and I was trying to make sure I did not go negative. Guess I could have worked that out a little better.
3. Spent $6.95 saved $65.92 - most of the things included in this order are cold items. I like to put the groceries in my car and come back again and again and again!! I purchased Lysol Hand Sanitizer, 5 packs of Cheese-its (after coupon they were $1 each!!), ground round (found in the meat section reduced!), ridiculous amounts of lunch meat, Sour Cream, Bacon (again, no coupon - but needed!), and several packages of Turkey Dogs. OH and how can I forget Deer Park Water - cause you know we needed that!

*Again I used a $20 off of $40 coupon (my last) on this order. And again I could have worked my totals out to be lower, but WHATEVER!

After a quick trip home to drop off the loot, I had lunch with my friend Dwain and my new friend Betsy. Dwain and I became friends several years ago through MOPS - she was our Mentor Mom and was the best! Betsy is Dwain's daughter and is delightful. We had a great lunch at McAllister's!

Later this afternoon, I met my friend Christy (who also needs a blog!) to trade children. Last week she had the boys and I had the girls. Tonight, the boys are here and the girls are at their house. We met at a different Harris Teeter where I decided I might as well complete one more transaction.

Without further adieu, here are the details of transaction four:



And yes, I know that my spiritual gift is not picture taking. But I wanted to show you my last transaction. I spent $.77 and saved $68.43.

I'm leaving this on the table for a while so that my entire household, plus any visitors who happen to drop by, will see the $.77 transaction in all it's glory!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Okay, HOW did you get all of that for so little?! I spent $90 total today and only saved $192!!!! I want to know where you girls get your coupons besides the Sunday paper and internet. My first transaction was $16 today and that was a great thing for me. 77 cents?! HOW IN THE WORLD?!!!!!

Betsy said...

You go, girl!! You need to teach a class! haha

I had so much fun with you today. I hope we can do it again before too long!

Melissa said...

Nancy. I love it!! GREAT DEALS!

You did great on your pictures. You are turning into quite the photo journalist.

I don't know how to break this to you, but you could have gotten Crisco olive oil 6.19 with a .75 cent coupon for 3.94. Oh the horror! I have some more coupons, want me to meet you? :)

And Donna check this post out: http://savingsformoms.blogspot.com/2008/06/where-for-art-thou-coupons.html for where to score some serious couponage.

Betsy said...

Love your new background!! :)

Donna said...

woah, Nancy! I clicked on and couldn't believe my eyes! Nice background. Very chic.