Sunday, July 13, 2008

Gastonia Cracker Barrel

The attached pictures were taken by Kelley Burch on her iPhone. The reason she is not in more than one picture is that she was acting photographer.

Guess where I went today?



Today was a wonderful day! Erin needed to return an item or items to the Pottery Barn Outlet in Gaffney and wanted some company on the journey. So Kelley and I joined her after church for an afternoon of shopping!

The outlets in Gaffney were full of people. We had a fun time shopping, but the real fun began when we stopped at Cracker Barrel in Gastonia on the way home.

While we were waiting for our table we explored the Country Store. There are unlimited options as to what you can find, but we just loved this



We were seated and welcomed with cold drink by our sweet waitress




Here we are waiting for some nourishment. Erin plays a mean game of Cracker Barrel Champion.





She is very intense and focused when she plays!



Then our waitress brought us these biscuits - one of the best things about the Barrel




At this point, things got a little crazy. We were starving and ate our dinners without taking a picture - next time people, I promise!!


After dinner, Kelley snapped this photo on her iPhone to show yall what the crowd looks like at the Cracker Barrel on a Sunday night in Gastonia. This too could happen to you!





They are more than happy to give you a TO GO cup for your beverage at the Barrel.



After leaving our table, Kelley and Erin couldn't help but play an impromptu game of larger than life checkers




We had a grand time! Thanks, girls, for a great Sunday afternoon!





6 comments:

Melissa said...

Well done. Ya'll come back now ya hear?

You forgot to tell us what you had to eat, well I can guess what you ate, but what about everyone else?

And um did you buy that shirt?

Betsy said...

Ya'll are so funny!! That looks like so much fun! :)

And I agree with Melissa...next time you have to fill us in on what yummy things you ate!

Nancy said...

Thanks Melissa for asking what we had for dinner. The special on Sunday is homestyle chicken - unbelievable! I did try something new.

And no, I passed on the shirt. It's still there if you want it!

Donna said...

LOL that you wrote "unbelievable" to describe the chicken!
That was a good post, Nancy. One of the best I've read of yours. Hey, did you happen to run into anyone there thay you know? Just curious.

Nancy said...

Donna - what happens in Gastonia stays in Gastonia!

Sherri said...

Love the CB! So jealous. Your hair looks great by the way!