Oh my brain is complete mush I tell you - complete mush. David, Jere and David's dad flew back late this morning arriving home around noon. As Caroline and I were preparing to leave the beach house, David's mom reminded me - "if something happens to that plane, the [last name] name will end". David's dad is an only child, David is the only son and Jere is our only son. Nothing like having a little pessimism. Well, God was good and they did arrive safely so the [last name] name has the potential to go on - provided Jere has children. NO pressure there, Jere!!
Since someone has to drive, Caroline and I had loads of fun on the 3.5 hour journey home. At one point she HAD.TO.GO.TO. the bathroom. I told her I'd stop at the next appropriate place. You know Wendy's, Chick-fil-a's (but not on Sunday's). Good places, not just some hole in the wall junkheep in Florence SC. Well, right before I could turn into Wendy's one of South Carolina's finest put on his blue lights for me. You know what that means - Caroline will tell the world this one. Apparently the speed limit in this little stretch of the road is 40 mph, I thought it was 45 and was clocked driving 53. When I explained to the officer the serious situation we were in (bathroom needed pronto) he asked to see my license and registration and LET.ME.GO. Told me to have a nice day. Thank you, Lord!
Before I could floor it out of there, my sister-in-law passes us with her three children and child they have each summer from Belarus. They all got to see Aunt Nancy pulled over. It served as an awesome civics lesson concerning paying attention to speed limit signs.
We arrived at Wendy's and Caroline gave full report on the incident to anyone who would listen in the line for the ladies room. After the stop at Wendy's, the rest of the trip was uneventful. Caroline even slept a little.
I will post a beach recap post (with pics) in a bit! If my family is going to eat anything I'm going to have to go to HT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Funny story! I'm glad the officer let you off. I've been pulled over 2 times and each time I've tried to talk my way out of it, but nope. I got a ticket!
Oh my goodness, that is too funny! (Only because it didn't happen to me). Wow, Caroline is going to have lots of dirt to use at a future time to embarrass you! Nice cop for letting you go though. Glad you're back safe!
Post a Comment