Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm Up for Mom of the Year

Jere has had a cough for a month. It's junky and seriously productive. I kept thinking it was allergies. Earlier today, I had taken the children for breakfast at Chick-fil- a. Side note: Did you know that if you dress like a cow today at CFA they will give you a combo? We didn't know this was today, but saw some adorable cattle this morning.



We had driven over to Wal-Mart to check out their school supplies when I heard Jere cough. The cough was so bad that I called the pediatrician's office from the parking lot. They had an appointment in 15 minutes - I took it.



The PA concluded that Jere had an ear infection and walking pneumonia. I felt like such a horrible mom . I told her how horrible I felt that I was just now taking him to the doctor. She said I would have brought him in eventually and that it wasn't like he was on death's door or anything. That is true, this hasn't affected any of his normal activities.



My mom called and offered to take Caroline to the new American Girl movie this afternoon. I'm fixing Jere a little pallet on the sofa and hoping he rests!






Caroline convinced Ju Ju to take her by Chick-fil-a for an early dinner. The dress she is wearing in this picture is not what I sent her to the movie wearing. It is a dress my mother made for me and I wore 29 years ago! The crocs totally make the cow outfit.



And here is a close up of her ear:


To me they look a bit puppy like, but I'm not complaining!


3 comments:

Donna said...

Caroline is so cute! Sorry about Jere. He must have a high pain tolerance to not complain about the ear infection. Don't feel bad...you didn't know! You redeemed yourself with making him a comfy place on the couch. What doc. do y'all go to? I remember seeing you at Charlotte Peds a few years back. We see Dr. Moran.

Nancy said...

Re: The high pain tolerance. He did mention that he could not hear out of his ear - I'm guessing that was somehow related to the ear infection.

I really felt the worst about the walking pneumonia.

Yesterday Jere saw Courtney the PA - she is wonderful. We LOVE Dr. Moran - she took care of Caroline in the hospital after she was born. Also, like Dr. Baker, Dr. Cleveland.

Donna, do you go to the Morrocroft location? We go to the new office in Matthews -

Donna said...

We went to Matthews a few times but each time we went, they messed up our times! It was crazy each visit. Plus Dr. Moran is only at Morrocroft now. It's a little out of the way, but I'd drive to Concord to see her!