We are having some seriously fun times here at the beach. After a very uneventful drive down - uneventful because I was by myself!!! I detoured through Florence (thank you Sherri for the play by play directions to Target). Even located the local Lifeway Store - I really wanted a CD by Travis Cottrell. And let's face it, was completely enjoying myself!
So far each morning I have been able to run (of course, this is after my time in God's word - see post on my conviction concerning this). This morning I took two of the early risers - my Jere and his cousin Christopher for an early morning bike ride; I walked as fast as I could - they road their bikes. I would have let Caroline come with us, but I thought she was asleep. When I arrived back in time for breakfast, my sister-in-law reported that Caroline shared with the other adults that Jere and Christopher had gone on a bike ride while mommy went running. I promise that child does not miss a thing - even in her sleep!
After a morning by the pool and a delicious lunch (think homemade chicken salad and party ham sandwiches), my sister-in-law, niece Morgan and I went out for the afternoon to shop and get pedicures. My mother-in-law took the other 5 (father-in-law and oldest nephew stayed back) to the favorite store of all of the children -The Dollar Store. And to add to the misery, Gram had to take them into Wal-Mart to get some groceries. I felt so bad for her, but she reminded me that she did raise 3 children.
Oh, I should have mentioned - my niece Morgan got her learner's permit less than a week ago. Her parents are not down here yet. I got to play the role of incredibly cool aunt by letting her drive us to shop today. I know she felt so cool driving around Pawleys Island in my mini-van. Like I said to my mother-in-law, what's the worst thing that could happen? She said we could wreck. Exactly - as much as I would hate for that to happen and be forced to rid myself of my favorite car of all time, I will take my chances!
David arrives in the morning. Later on in the day, the remainder of the adults (1 mom, 2 dads, 1 boy, 1 girl) will arrive. Bringing the total to 8 adults, 9 children and 1 black lab. Let the good times begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
wow! Y'all have a house full. I bet it's fun, though. I bet your niece thinks you are cool for letting her drive you around:) Have a fun time!!
So glad you guys are having a great time! Also jealous you are getting that many run's in. I know you'll be soooo sad if something terrible happens to that van! (I hope a tree doesn't fall on it or something, he, he) Proud of you that you are convicted of being in God's word. Can't wait to see you when you get back.
Now that's impressive . . . running at the beach. When I'm on vacation so are my workouts! :)
Well, Chrystal, this isn't exactly vacation if you know what I mean. The early morning workouts are more for my sanity than anything else!
Post a Comment