Every year since Caroline was born, it has gotten easier to go to the beach with little ones. Every year I say this year is the best by far. But this year really was the best by far. There was no child that required a daily nap. They both are great swimmers! (Those lessons were a great investment). They slept in most days. They did not require constant supervision inside to make sure they didn't break anything or fall down a flight of stairs - this has happened people! All of the children got along.
Friday morning the children decorated the Golf Cart and their bikes for the 4th of July Parade. When I say decorate I should tell you that my mother-in-law LOVES to decorate for holidays, do table centerpieces for things, and just decorate in general. And she is good. I should also mention that she enjoys dressing for the holiday - please note the patriotic Keds from the 1996 Olympic Games on her feet.
And what a parade it was - I'm thinking there were 20 or so golf carts in the parade and many children on bikes. Jere and Caroline rode their bikes while David and I rode on the back of the cart. Until we made it around the small circle in front of the club house. David realized that Caroline needed someone running beside her (not helping her, just encouraging her to pedal fast enough to not hold up the parade. My children contend that we won - even though there were no judges or awards given out!
Here is the Golf Cart:
In case you are wondering what is on top of Caroline's head it is some sort of rigged umbrella - (Please forgive the graininess of this picture - I'm learning)
And here is a shot of Jere and Christopher on their bike's ahead of us with Jere sporting the patriotic "helmet" addition:
.jpg)
3 comments:
Love the pictures! What a fun thing for your family to do.
Is that a Ga Tech golf cart?? Anything in "old gold" with a GT on the side is stylish in my book! (from a '96 grad! :) )
Why yes Kristin it is! Good eye.
My father-in-law is a graduate of GT.
Post a Comment