Since I am unable to upload ANY pictures to Blogger tonight, yet really want to communicate with you all, I will share with you a little about the things we like to eat while at the beach.
First breakfasts! The children really like cinnamon rolls from a can. I do not normally buy these at home so it is a real treat to have them at the beach. They also love pigs in a blanket - cocktail sausages wrapped in a piece the crescent roll dough. David makes these a lot at home and children really like them. Other things we eat at the beach for breakfast are pancakes, breakfast casserole, sausage balls - Pretty much anything fattening and not good for you!
Now here is where the food gets good - I eat the same old same old - Southbeach Bar- for breakfast everyday, but lunch. Let me tell you, I can eat some lunch. A few favorites here:
Party Ham Sandwiches - these are so yummy and some children love them. Others don't, but that's okay! I like appetizers - lots of little things to make a meal out of. This morning prior to going out to sit by the pool, I put a sausage dip together. (I promise we don't eat pork all the time!). The dip contains 1 package of cooked sausage, 2 bars of cream cheese (you can use low fat) and a can of rotel dip.
Also for a lunch choice today - my mother-in-laws' chicken salad. It is wonderful.
I'm saving the best for last when I tell you about the most incredible pimento cheese EVAH! It is made locally in Pawleys Island and I've only been able to find it at the Food Lion - which is pretty scary considering I really do not like Food Lion.
New Recipes excite me! If you have one particularly one for an appetizer, leave it in the comments section. If you don't have a recipe to share, how about something you can just buy from the store that is yummy in your book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Mmmm....all that all sounds so yummy! Here's and appetizer recipe I just got off of Kelly's Korner blog. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds amazing!
Spinach Dip
1 pkg frozen spinach
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz Monterrey jack cheese
6 oz Parmesan cheese
1 can Rotel
Cook the spinach according to package. Add cheeses and melt in microwave for 3-5 minutes until liquid form. Add rotel and mix together. Serve with crackers or bagel chips or melba toasts.
Funny post! I love pimento cheese. I had never had it until my mother-in-law made me a P. sandwich a few years back and I was hooked.
What is it about the beach (or any vacation) that makes you want to EAT EAT EAT?! I will have a huge plate of pancakes and then put on my bathing suit and go sit outside and feel huge and then get up for another huge meal:) I love it:)
I'm also laughing at the thought of David making pigs in a blanket!!
Oh, yeah, and I"m with you on Food Lion. I HATE that store. Gross.
OK that made me hungry!!
Here is a good easy summer dessert.
"Fried" ice cream.
Take a half gallon of any kind of vanilla ice cream. Let it melt just enough that you can easily scoop it and spread it in a casserole.
While you are waiting for it to melt, Spray just a little bit of cooking spray in a glass 13 x 9.
Then, use a big Ziploc bag and crush some Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal. Spread cereal on bottom of casserole dish.
Then scoop out melted ice cream (its even ok if the ice cream is really runny and you can pour it). Then pour the remainder of the cereal on top of the ice cream.
Freeze it all day or overnight and I promise you it tastes EXACTLY like the fried ice cream you can get in a restaurant.
(Some people don't melt the ice cream at all and just make it by scooping and rolling the ice cream in the cereal. Never had much luck with that). Let me know if you try it!
C ya soon!
Lisa Horstkamp
Post a Comment