One of the things I need to get back into doing more often is menu planning. When I make a list each week of what we are going to eat for dinner (and if I'm really ambitious breakfast,too) my day, particularly the afternoon, just goes much more smoothly.
Here is what I have so far - I'm not including breakfasts, but starting next week will have too.
Sunday - hamburgers on the grill, baked french fries, fruit salad
Monday - Chicken Georgia, broccoli, yellow rice
Tuesday - Pork Chops, Mixed Vegetable Casserole, biscuits
Wednesday-Shrimp Stir-Fry, vegetable egg rolls
Thursday -I have a meeting at Macaroni Grille. David and the children will eat pizza and salad
Friday/Saturday - I have no clue; 5 days in a row is a record for me!
I'm always looking for new ideas - share what you have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Go, Nancy! When I plan my meals out like this, my weeks go smoother, too. Your menu sounds good. Do you feel like you make the same things over and over again or do you consult cook books for new ideas?
Good for you! I need to do more planning - meals, chores. I instituted a Monday laundry day awhile back and it's been great for keeping me on track. Now to just add a few more chores to the regular rotation and start planning what we're eating and things will be much smoother around my house.
And I generally get my new meal ideas from blogs - go figure :-)
Sounds yummy! You inspire me to start doing this. Just don't hold me to it!
Sounds yummy! Now, if you could just do that every week and get back to me I would appreciate it...and so would my husband.
I like to do menu planning, too. It's nice not to have to think about what's for dinner every day, but just one time a week!
I tried to link to your Chicken Georgia, but I couldn't. You'll have to give me the recipe!
Post a Comment