I think I've figured this school thing out - you get up really early and get your children to school. You enjoy 6+ hours of time without them - doing things like running, walking, laundry, organizing coupons, preparing - but not cooking- meals ahead of time, cleaning out refrigerator, and the occasional lunch with friends.
Then the clock strikes and it's time for pickup - after going through two separate carpool lines at different times you get home. And.its.non-stop. Oh my word, supervising homework, reading and the "projects" Caroline comes up with. Getting all of this done while simultaneously getting dinner on the table. And don't forget geting a child ready for football practice.
I figured it out. The afternoons are pay back for the full day they are in school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
8 comments:
I totally agree with your post. And, DUHHHH I never realized you had a blog.
Alright, let me lurk awhile to learn about your life.
You so smart!!! Very funny and true!
Okay, I have learned, that we both have 2nd graders.
And, a few years ago I did cancel our People mag because of the pictures on the front and things I didn' want our childrne to be learning about or seeing. Everyone once in a while I buy one if the cover looks interesting. It is a page turner and a good bathroom read!;)
I have also learned that Jennifer knew about your blog before I did. Aw man!
Denise! Welcome to Fancy Nancy's blog:) She's a good read and a great person. I know that if you lived here in Charlotte, you'd be her friend.
Nancy, just by reading this post, I'm going to relish in the preschool years and enjoy my 4 hours to myself and then my 3 hours of my kids' naptime in the afternoon.
Welcome,Denise!
And yes, Donna, relish the years of long afternoon naps! Productivity plus!
I don't know who ever said the toddler years were the hardest...they didn't have school age kids! I'm still not out of my summer fog, so keeping up with the schedule of a 3rd grader is killing me (and he's not doing football like Jere!). I do look forward to WEE school starting next week though. Any chance we can convince Debbie to coordinate the starting with WEE School with our older kids schools? (just dreaming!)
So true!!!
Post a Comment