Since I've had so many requests for the Chicken Divan recipe I'm posting it right away. This is my mother-in-law's recipe and she can cook!
6-8 cooked, chopped chicken breasts
2-3 packages frozen broccoli (I think this means those small boxes of veggies, I use about 1 large bag)
Layer the above ingredients in a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish.
In a bowl combine:
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
8 ounces Sour Cream
3/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese
4 ounces Parmesan Cheese
2 T butter
In a pan over the stove, combine:
2 T butter
2 T flour
3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1/4 Cup Milk
Let the pan mixture boil and thicken.
Then combine both the bowl and the pan mixtures. Stir really well.
Pour the combination over the layered chicken and broccoli mixture.
Cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
10 comments:
Oh my goodnes...Yummy with a capital Y!!! Sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter...gotta be good!
I agree. I will be making this next week. Who cares if Roy doesn't do broccoli!
Oh, and when you make it, take a pic and post the recipe/picture on WFDD.
I will be making this soon too! Yummy!
Hi Nancy. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to blogging with you and thanks for the new recipe. I am in the biggest cooking rut.
Now that sounds like something I could cook . . . and delicious too!
So, you DON'T cook the frozen broccoli before you put in the oven, do you? Probably a dumb question...sorry!
Jennifer - I put the frozen broccoli in the microwave with just a bit of water over it for 3-5 minutes before putting it in the casserole dish. I don't think you have to though.
I have another question, too. Can I use fresh brocoli in this recipe? Do I need to cook it first?
Donna - yes, you can use fresh broccoli - I would just steam it before putting it in the casserole dish with the chicken.
By the way, I bought a trusty Dymo label maker at AC Moore yesterday with my 50% off coupon! I've been labeling EVERYTHING!
Post a Comment