I won't bore you with all of the details about the rest of the day except this one:
This afternoon I was busy preparing a meal for Sherri's family. Jere and Caroline had gone to play with their cousins for the afternoon so the house was unusually quiet. I began to hear sirens and they sounded close by. I figured there was a wreck at the nearby dangerous intersection. For something like 30 minutes I kept hearing the sirens - off and on - more and more sirens were sounded.
Even when I went in our bathroom I could hear these sirens. I figured I had not had the house to myself all summer and just wasn't used to the quiet. That would explain how I could hear these sirens.
Cathy called me from her car as she turned onto our street. Did I not know a house on our street was on fire? There were 8 firetrucks on our street. Apparently the house 2 houses up from ours caught fire! The mailman came 3 hours ahead of schedule today and saw the flames. He called the fire department. Coincidence? I think not!
Our neighbors are at the beach, but will have a house to come home to - thanks to a mailman ahead of schedule.
You can see some of the firetrucks lined up below.

I did not follow the menu plan today. We had a slight deviation in plans.
.jpg)
5 comments:
Wow!! I am so glad the mailman saw that! I think some angels were watching over your street!
I'm sorry to hear about Sherri's mom. You and Cathy are such sweet neighbors...the kind you need during a time like that!
Wow - an exciting for all the wrong reasons kind of day!
As the daugher of a retired mailman...they ROCK!!! :)
That is so cool that the mailman caught the fire. I'm sure your neighbors are so thankful.
Sorry about your friend's mom, too.
How God works never ceases to amaze me. Thank God for that mailman! I'm so glad no one was hurt. Sherri is so blessed to have you and Cathy as neighbors and friends.
Oh my goodness, what a day! I'm so sorry for Sherri's loss. Please let me know if I can do anything. You and Cathy are awesome to jump in and help like that! I knew there wasn't a reason why I hadn't heard from in in a couple days, sounds like you have your hands full!
Post a Comment