Friday, August 8, 2008

Truth Speaking Caroline Strikes Again!

Today I took Jere to play with a friend from school. Caroline enjoyed a fun afternoon at my parent's - who were entertaining 3 of my sister's children. My nephew had shoulder surgery today and my parent's were going to have the other children to their house to visit. Caroline was pumped to go; Jere was pumped to swim with his friend without his sister.

Anywho, Jere and I had a great afternoon. Jere and his friend swam and went down the water slide dozens of times. They even "relaxed" on the lazy river. While they swam, I was able to catch up with his friend's mom.

Caroline and my mom decided to visit the quilting store. My mom and Caroline LOVE to do crafts of any type together. This quilting thing though is scary. I'm not into quilts. They don't go with my house - no matter the color. It's the style- it doesn't go with my house. If you like quilts I mean no offense. It's just not my thing!

While they were in the quilting store Caroline just had to pull a Caroline. As my mom relays the story, the lady who runs the store said she would have to "check with Brian about whether or not the border would work" (or something to that effect).

Caroline said, "Brian quilts?". "My brother said boys who quilt/sew are Morons!". My mom said she wanted the floor to open up underneath her. Welcome to my world!
Here is the little church lady herself - sometimes speaking the truth; today it was not with love! Sidenote: This picture was taken yesterday at Chuck E Cheese after she had her haircut. Jere and a different friend were running around and were unavilable for photographs!

I'm not sure how she finagled her way out of the store, but I'm glad I wasn't in that store today!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

You crack me up with "the little church lady". That is so funny! At least it was your mom who had to grin and bear it today! Caroline's hair looks adorable, by the way.

Melissa said...

The way she is holding her lips in this picture does bear some resemblence to Dana Carvey!

You gota love the out of the mouths of babes!

Donna said...

Well at least she said "my brother said" and not "My mom said"! That was a cute story and she has a cute haircut.

Jennifer said...

Very, very funny! You gotta love those awkward situations...

Betsy said...

Oh that is soooo funny!! You've got a little firecracker on your hands!! :) And a cute one, too!