Even though I just posted a meme, I'm following Donna's lead and sharing 25 things about me. From thinking up 25 things, I know I could not think of 100 things about me!
I debated breaking the 25 things up over several days, but decided to publish the complete list of 25 because I.LOVE.RULES! I am not; however, legalistic. There is a difference!
1.I am a very happy, cheerful person.
2.I've joined all of the cool people and joined Facebook!
3. School starts in less than 3 weeks - in case you've forgotten. I'm really excited about having both children in school.
4. I have an extensive list of projects I'd like to complete with the 30 + hours a week my children will be in school.
5. Wow - 30 + hours a week - Maybe I will tear up a bit the first day I leave Caroline at school. One of the things I love about my children's school - besides the fact that it is Christian - is that the first day of Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten the parent's stay the entire morning with their child. The teacher explains everything. And I do mean everything. When we did this with Jere I left the morning feeling like I completely understood how things were going to work - from homework, to snack, the lunch situation, the reading program - EVERYTHING - it is a great time for parents. And it eases the transition for the child too.
So the first morning that Caroline will be dropped off will be Tuesday, August 19th and I'm planning a little breakfast outing for mom's in this situation. So far I have spoken with Christy and Dawn and they are in! If anyone would like to join us - let me know!
6. I have never painted a room in my entire life. Painting is one of the projects I have on my list. I'm tackling our laundry room, Caroline's bathroom and an empty bedroom that I am turning into my "office".
7. Also in the fall I am going to attend BSF or Bible Study Fellowship on Tuesday mornings. I'm really looking forward to this.
8. I am the youngest of three girls. My sisters' were six and eight when I was born, so in many ways I was raised as an only child. Ask David if you need clarification on this issue!
9. Eight years ago my sister Caroline passed away from ovarian cancer. We named our daughter Caroline for my sister. My other sister is Catherine and we liked that name too, but went with Caroline. I should probably mention here that Jere is named for David's dad.
10. We have 10 nieces and nephews - 3 nieces and 7 nephews. They all live in the Charlotte area.
11. I don't like swimming in lakes. Too yucky.
12. I am walking in the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in October. I am walking with my friend August who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer about 20 months ago. At the time, her children were 3 years old and 6 months old. She is doing awesome and actually has a team of walkers. We are going to walk 13 miles on Saturday and 13 miles on Sunday. She named the team "Team Augie".
13. Our little boy, Jere, is going to be baptized September 14th!
14. My hair does not look right with highlights.
15. I am flat out good at giving birth. Quick.
16. Like Donna, I talk way too fast. Always have. I think my brain just runs faster!
17. I know every mom says this, but it seems like yesterday my children were born. Time goes by so fast.
18. I'm really enjoying this blogging thing. At first, I was unsure as to what I'd blog about, but I've never been lacking for material.
19. David and I were introduced by our sisters. They had known each other from church and become good friends. I guess you could say we have an arranged marriage!!
20. David and I both graduated from Clemson. He is 5 years older so we were there at different times. I studied business management. David majored in industrial management. The majority of our classes were held in the same building.
21. Before having Jere I worked as a Human Resources Generalist at MedCath.
22. When I was in high school I thought I wanted to be a teacher. I am so thankful the Lord brought to my attention that I do not enjoy large groups of children.
23. Several times I've wished I had majored in Nursing - medical stuff interests me; however, blood and guts do not. And the science required - No thanks!
24. I was the Judicial Chairman for my sorority in college. I was also on the Student Senate.
25. I am going to sign up for a 5K this fall. There. I put it on the blog. I.NEED.ACCOUNTABLITY.
Wow - this was really long. Bless all of you (or any of you) who read it!
If you have not already done this "25 things about me" post, I'd so love to read 25 things about YOU! As a reminder, you can start the list in draft and return to it periodically.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
6 comments:
GOOD JOB, NANCY! I knew you could do it! I am the youngest of 5 girls, so I know we could share some stories:) I am with you on the lake thing, too. I only get into water where I can see my body underneath. Oh, and I am a rule follower, too:)Give me some rules, and I will follow!
Those were all very interesting facts!!
So, Nancy...is #22 the reason I've never seen you jumping and dancing with us and the 3 year olds on Sunday mornings??? (Some days I don't blame you one bit!) If you ever feel the need to stretch yourself, you can come hang out with the Beaver Class for awhile! Just kidding...you are a pro at all the organization part of preschoolers. :)
Nancy you should do the Susan Komen race in October! I love it and have pushed Savannah running for a couple of years now! :) This year I plan to do it without her though. I enjoyed your list of 25 random things. I hope to get one up soon.
Love the list! Great idea. May have to do one myself if I can ever get off of Facebook now!
Chelle,
You are correct!
I'm just catching up on blogs and loved reading all these facts about you. I'm glad my sister has a friend like you in Charlotte.
Post a Comment