Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Menu for the Week

Here is the Menu plan for the week! A bit late, but better late than never!!

Monday - Country Fried Steak, Green Beans, Hash brown Casserole
Tuesday - Shrimp and Grits, Salad
Wednesday - Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken, Yellow Rice, Green Beans, Okra
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Grilled Chicken - we are having company so I need to get on planning this meal.

People, the Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken is Divine! David's plate did not even need to go in the dishwasher - he ate every single bit of it! And it was a hit with Jere and Caroline, too. I will be making this again soon!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Girl, my husband and I loved the crock pot chicken too! Way to post a good recipe, Kristi!

Donna said...

I keep hearing about this cream cheese crock pot chicken! I may have to make some tomorrow night.

Email me the shrimp and grits recipe when you get a chance. I have discovered this dish this past year and I likie:)

Dawn said...

Thanks for the yummy recipes! I've been in a rut for a while and loved the chicken divan and will be trying the crock pot chicken. Would love the shrimp and grits recipe-- Brad's fav!

Nancy said...

Okay - I'm almost embarassed to post the recipe, it's so made up and so easy.

Saute some shrimp - the more the merrier- in so EVOO and onions.

Follow the directions on the grits package, but instead of water use Chicken broth.

At the end add some sort of cheese to the grits (but not too much)- I use cheddar.

Plate it!

My people love it!

Sorry this is so quick - I'm getting ready to run out the door to take to school. I'll clarify any questions later!

Kristi Smalley said...

Keep these menus coming, Nancy... keep 'em coming.

Sherri said...

Will you please plan my meals and shop for me next weekend during triples? I'll pay you. Really I will! :)

Melissa said...

Nancy,

I haven't made shrimp and grits for a while. I think that's what I'll do with my leftover grits from brunch today. Mmmm. I use garlic and half and half in my recipe. Yum-O!