
David thinks this all started when someone threw a grape tomato in the big trash can - only missed. The seeds sprung up a big ole tomato factory!
We have fresh grape tomatoes all the time. They are just beautiful. Here is a closeup of the tomatoes on the vine

Aren't they beautiful?
And quite money saving too, I might add- do you KNOW what a container of grape tomatoes will cost you at the Harris Teeter? Anywhere from $2.50 - $4.99 depending if they are on VIC special.
While the vast vines of grape tomatoes might not be the most pretty thing to look at, it's behind our trash can so who really looks there anyway?
.jpg)
5 comments:
I love tomatoes! I've been tempted to grow some in a big pot outside. I agree, who cares! It's behind a wall it looks like, so keep picking and eating!
Well, how exciting. I bet you feel like a real urban farmer walking out into the fields and bringing in the harvest. You need to get you some Dickey overalls for harvest day. Ha!
I would love to have a garden. Although that is just one more thing I would have to fool with. Maybe one day.
You are the only person I know who can grow tomatoes by accident! They look yummy, and they ARE expensive. What a great thing to have in your back yard!
Now, you're sure they're not poisonous like some of those wild berries?? You're one lucky girl...throw the scraps out and look at what you get...you get stuff for free in everything you do (not just couponing at triple HT days)!
We have some "volunteers" that grew up in the garden box they were planted in last year, but that takes talent to have trash turn into treasure!
Post a Comment