From the title let me first say that I am not referring to the type of gas in my post earlier this week. I'm talking about the kind of gas that runs your vehicle!
On Tuesday I had half of a tank in the Van - but was by the Super Wal-Mart and just decided to fill up. I had no problem filling up. Fast forward to early Wednesday morning when I had an email from a friend asking me where she should be looking for gas. She had been looking on Tuesday and had not had any luck finding gas. This was the first I had heard of a shortage.
Well on Wednesday I headed to Blakeney and was shocked to see the line at the Texaco at the corner of Providence Road and Ardrey Kell. The line literally went from the gas station, onto Ardrey Kell Road, onto Providence Road. RIDICULOUS I say!
The Texaco at Blakeney had ONE pump working and there was a line for gas from that one pump.
Today David needed me to run a key to him at his Matthews Matters site (near Costco). So I delightfully and with great joy delivered the key to him this morning when I should have been at Bible Study. When I passed Costco, I discovered Costco was out of gas.
So today I have a little over a half of a tank - seriously people I have driven to the barber shop in Waxhaw and a multitude of other places this week! But David has a plan! He's going to wake up REALLY early in the morning - I'm guessing like 4 am - and he is going to be driving all over the area searching out gas for my van.
I never thought I would say that Gas is my love language!
Update 6 AM: David just called while waiting at a BP Station - where he is second in line at 6 am. He said there were bunches of people in line, but the pumps were not activated. While we were talking he said a Tanker truck arrived to save the day. Those things take some time to unload, but he's waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
7 comments:
Nancy, I drove to ROCK HILL yesterday and waited in line for gas. It's ridiculous! Supposedly by Tues, Charlotte should be back to normal. Roy has a 50 gallon fuel tank he bought a few years ago. A few weeks ago he filled it up, so in case of emergency, call him! We have at least 50 gallons:)
See...I told you God would bless you for taking that key to David...:) What a good husband! Rick is still driving his work truck since his SUV is on empty. The lines are bad out here too. I hope by next week things will be better!
The Charlotte gas shortage made The Drudge Report yesterday...it must be bad!
Nancy, I'm just getting caught up on your blog.
Love the little jacket your mom made for Caroline!
Sorry about the gas situation. I cannot believe you all are having such a time with that.
Also, sorry about the clippers. About 5 years ago I cut both my Danny's head each month with clippers.
Now Danny, my hubby, goes to "razor" cuts???? And I just take the boys in to get their hair cut at the mall. I do pull the clippers back out for trims every so often when we are in a bind and cannot get to the hair do'er.
You have had quite the "gas" theme going on in your blog lately, haven't you Nancy. Lol!
Okay....Richard went out at 1:30 IN The MORNING to put gas in my van (he couldn't sleep) and the next day it broke down and is currently in the shop.
Post a Comment