Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Christy!

Christy is a special person. We met at a Sunday School Christmas Party the Christmas before our boys' were born - we were both expecting our first baby's and lived in the same area. After our boys' were born -two weeks apart- we would get together and let them "play" while we would visit. As our boys' friendship developed so did ours.

Our girls' are three weeks apart - and yes we planned it that way. (As much as these things can be planned). And our girls' are sweet friends as well. They were together all through pre-school from the toddler class through 4s. We like to stick together.

Christy is one of the most thoughtful, giving and selfless people I know. She would do anything for anyone at anytime. I love how laid back she is (and wish I could be more like her) and how patient she is with her children. She and Richard added a third child late last year and she makes having three look way to easy! I know it's not, but she makes it look that way.

So on Friday, Dawn (with Lexi), Sherri (w/Jason), Christy (w/Hannah) and I (all by myself thankyouverymuch) had lunch at Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Christy's birthday. We had a wonderful time and I could not believe how well-behaved all of the children were. They were delightful and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Hope you have a great day, Christy!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Christy Roddy is the sweetest person, I agree! When I had Joshua in my class, she was my favorite "mom"! Happy Birthday, Christy! I hope you had a great day!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Christy! She sounds like a great friend, Nancy.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Christy!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy! I just read your blog about my birthday. Thanks for being soooo sweet! You are such a great friend! I'm so glad Catherine introduced us 9 years ago!!! Thanks for helping me out with my car troubles yesterday too!:-)