Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Does He NOT Know Any Other Tricks?

What I'm about to share is not my proudest moment as a mom, but I'll share it for the sake of being real!

Jere's teacher uses stamps on a calendar to indicate whether the child behaved or not during a particular day. Today Jere did not have a stamp. I asked Jere why he did not have a stamp and he was very honest.

The Guidance Counselor visited Jere's class today and I guess she was talking about how everyone has something they are good at and everyone is good at different things. They went around the room and were supposed to tell what they were good at. Here's where it gets good.

Jere says he is good at AND DEMONSTRATES the arm under the other arm that makes a very bad sound. The sound sounds very much like a bodily function that I don't like AT.ALL.

Delightful.

Also, would the blogger whose child taught my child how to do this please comment! (I had forgotten until you reminded me - your child would be so proud!)

8 comments:

Donna said...

That's funny, Nancy! That's why he didn't get a stamp? I guarantee you the teacher was trying not to laugh.

I guess Jere will be the class clown:)

Sherri said...

Ha, Ha!! That is hysterical....and I can totally see Jere doing that! It wasn't my kid who taught him that....mine is a pro at making that noise with his hand over his mouth. There seriously should be an award for that stuff!

Chelle said...

It's times like these that I'm so glad I have a GIRL!!!!

kristin said...

I love it! I'm not siding with Chelle on this one, though - I am afraid my girl will be able to hold her own no matter how much I expect her to be a lady (she is her father's child). I do agree with Donna - you know the teacher couldn't wait to tell this story and laugh!

Betsy said...

That is hillarious! He is all boy!

Jennifer said...

Way to go, Jere!!! I know you're mortified, but that is hilarious! Oh yeah, that teacher went home and had a great story for her family and friends. :)

Kristi Smalley said...

Actually, Nancy, the teacher went home and practiced Jere's technique. If you could only be a fly on the wall.

WAY TO GO JERE!

Melissa said...

Gosh I don't know what to apologize for first being so behind in blog reading & posting or for having the juvenile delinquent that taught your boy such an unspeakable act. :)
You do realize they will never be allowed to ride together in a car alone when they turn 16 right? We need to make a pact now! Oh what does the future hold for them?