You might already know about the fantasticness that is Trader Joe's, but in case someone does not please let me introduce you to it!
From there website:
1. How is shopping at Trader Joe's different from what you may be used to in a supermarket?At Trader Joe's, you won't find a lot of branded items. Instead, you'll find unconventional and interesting products in the Trader Joe's label as well as everyday basics. We buy products we think are winners and that’ll find a following among our customers. Sometimes it's a product we intend to stock as long as it sells well; and sometimes we buy a product which is in limited supply, sell through it, and you won't find it again. It’s all part of the shopping adventure at Trader Joe's
Through friend's sharing their favorites and trial and error I have found some wonderful things at Trader Joe's. Some of the things we like include:
Their produce is good, but many times can be found cheaper at the produce stand. I do like their baby cucumbers. Their snack foods are much better for you than traditional snack foods. And their corn chips rock!
There are some wonderful things to be found in their frozen foods section. Kelley hooked me up with their balsamic vegetables. My family loves these!
Another thing to check out in the frozen food section is the Chicken Tempura - YUMMY! You simply bake it for 15-18 minutes and warm the sauce over the stove and it's ready. I pair this with vegetable fried rice and vegetable egg rolls for a really good Chinese Food dinner.
I buy their crab cakes, frozen vegetables and definitely check out all of the appetizers they have in stock. Great things to keep on hand for unexpected - or expected! - company!
My sister Catherine told me about -or did I tell her about?- their incredible frozen mashed potatoes. They are frozen in scoops. You just pour several scoops into a bowl and add water and microwave. I kid you not - these taste unbelievably homemade. Now, before everyone makes a mad dash to TJ's I should tell you that the mashed potatoes are a seasonal item and will not be back at TJ's until November. (Check your local store for exact dates)
Have you tried anything and loved it at Trader Joe's? Do share!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Okay, I only go there once in a while because the parking lot there DRIVES ME CRAZY and the store is always so busy when I go there, but I have found a few things that we love:
JoeJoe's (their version of Oreos). They are SO good and are made with vanilla bean.
Vanilla Bean cake mix. $4 a box, but so worth it. It's SO good.
Chicken Quesadillas---DELISH.
Salmon and spinach patty?(I forgot what it's called, but it's in the frozen food area. It's really good).
It's a neat store, just really busy and every time I go there, I run into some really interesting people...very green, earthy looking:)
I have never tried it, but I will now!! You've convinced me! :) It sounds really good!
Girl, you know I love the Trader Joe's! Our favorites are the Vegetable Fried Rice, Asparagus Risotto, Mushroom Turnovers, Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches (although Rick has forbidden me from buying them anymore - says it's making him fat - whatever!), Cod filets, plus all the things you've mentioned. I'm with Donna though - the parking is insane. I will have to try those JoeJoe's - they sound yummy!
The JoJos ARE the BOMB.
Visit The ShoutOut archives of '07 for an oldie but funny story about TJs. :)
(http://maxandhannah.blogspot.com/2007/09/im-d-o-r-k.html).
HPS - your story is too funny.
Post a Comment