Sunday, September 14, 2008

Baptismal Blessings!


Today was a special day for our family - Jere was baptised this morning! Here he is before his baptism.

As a mom, it was a wonderful day; celebrating Jere's decision to follow Christ.


Following the service we had a celebration at our house! Because I knew yall would want to see some of the action, here is a picture of his cake -




Just a little something I whipped up this morning! (Not really, I ordered it from Edible Art - they make the best decorative cakes!)

In addition to cake and ice cream, we had a wonderful lunch consisting of:

Chicken Divan - what else?

Homemade Chicken Tenders (my mother-in-law made these - think Chic-fil-A nuggets on steroids)

Strawberry Pretzel Salad (my sister-in-law made this, I will be posting the recipe to the recipe blog soon)

Mashed Potatoes (not the Trader Joes kind)

Rice - some people don't care for Mashed Potatoes and I needed options

Green Beans

Mixed Vegetable Casserole

Green Salad - with Strawberries, Blue Cheese and Poppy Seed Dressing

Creamed Corn

Sister Schubert Rolls - my personal favorite. Yummy!

Here is Jere loving life hamming it up for the camera - It's just that he's so excited!





And because I did not get pictures of the adult tables prior to lunch, here are some after shots:


A friend of ours sent the great arrangement in the picture below. Aren't they lovely?


All in all it was a great day of celebrating the most important decision Jere will ever make!

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 1:4

6 comments:

Donna said...

That's nice, Nancy. I was thinking of making a suprise stop by the Drummond residence around 12:30 with my sick baby in tow, but I didn't want to ruffle any feathers:) That menu sounds SCRUMPTIOUS!! I'll come over for dinner any time!

Congratulations on Jere's baptism. He's getting so big!

Jennifer said...

What a great day, Nancy! Congratulations to you and to Jere...a special day indeed!

Wendy Pope said...

What an awesome day for the Drummond family and the heavenlies!

Welcome the family Jere. This is the most important decision you will ever make in your life. I pray you will discover and follow with great passion the plan God has for you.

Sherri said...

What a great day! I will always remember our boys being baptized on the same day. You're such a good mom! We went to Five Guys and then Cold Stone! Ha, Ha! That cake looks yummy!

Chrystal said...

What a special day! It sounds like you had a feast to celebrate! How long were you cooking?! We missed you Sunday morning, that is all 17 of us!

Betsy said...

Congratulations on Jere's baptism!! That is such a sweet time. It looks like there was lots of fun and good eating afterwards! :)