Every year at about this time people make resolutions. I recognize that many of these resolutions are quickly forgotten by mid-to-late January. My intention is to set a few attainable goals for 2009 in the following areas - spiritual, physical, and financial.
I plan to read through the Bible in 2009. This Devotional written by Wendy Pope inspired me to read through the Bible. I am going to use The One Year Chronological Bible NLT. It is not too late for you to order this Bible and begin reading through the Bible in one year.
From a financial perspective, I plan to reach my goal of tracking where dollars go in the household budget. A few years ago, after much trial and error, David and I found a system that works well for us. I manage a household account that includes categories such as food, clothing, gas, gifts, - most anything relating to spending on household needs. It does not include our mortgage, utility bills, long term savings, investing. It is ,quite simply, the money I use to run the house from a homemaking perspective.
While I have done a good job of staying within this budget - particularly these last 6 months! - I have not done a good job of tracking my spending in each of the categories. My goal in 2009 is be able to track, on a monthly basis, exactly how much we are spending on individual categories. Some of you might be surprised that I have no clue how much we spend on clothing or food in a given year - especially given David's past involvement with Crown in our Church!
From a physical perspective - I am going to run a 5K in 2009! It's out there I'm going to do it! While I would like to run something a little more lofty - like a 10K. I'm going to commit to running a 5K and go from there. In order to run a 5K, I will have to follow a training plan. I know what I need to do - I just need to do it!
Isn't that just like life? In so many things I know what I need to do - it's just a matter of doing them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
6 comments:
Whoa, Nancy. You are on a roll! Save some of these good entries for the new blog. These are PERFECT!
These are such great goals!! I love that chronological Bible! I am definitely looking into that! Thanks for sharing!! Happy New Year! :)
Thanks for sharing your goals. I will check out Wendy's blog about reading the Bible in a year...I have yet to do that and would like to make it the year!
Blessings to you as we enter 2009.
I am right with you on reading through the Bible!!
Oh Nancy, good job for getting those resolutions out there! I don't trust myself to put mine on my blog. :)
They all sound great and I was talking about reading the entire Bible through today. I may just go out and get the Bible you mentioned tomorrow.
Best of luck!! :)
Nancy, this a.m. I went New Creation and purchased the Chronological One Year Bible. Can I pray for you and with you as we both pursue our desire to be committed to completing it this year?
Blessings to you,
Caroline
Post a Comment