Sunday, December 21, 2008

Loud Singing, (Billy Graham) Library and Lights

How's that title for alliteration?

Jere and Caroline sang in the Lower School Christmas Program earlier this week. I took this photo before they left for school



It was a great program. They always end it with Wonderful Counselor/Glory Hallelujah. Here is what a bunch of JK thru Second Graders look like




Now onto the Billy Graham Library portion of this post. It was crowded. The trip did involve dinner at the Cracker Barrel. Side note: The Cracker Barrel at Billy Graham and 85 has a security guard out front. It gives a whole new meaning to as Bon Qui Qui says "SECURITY!!".


The gingerbread house replica of Billy Graham's homestead was AMAZING!



Above is a picture taken from the line to get into Billy Graham's childhood home.

It was worth the wait - the inside of his home totally reminded me of my granny's house - colors and all.


This is what the kitchen looked like



I thought this tree was very tasteful

Now onto to the lights portion of this post.

Last year, while trying to get to a dinner at a house in Bridgehampton I got lost. And found this house -



Friends, this picture does not do justice to the elaborate display these people have constructed in their yard. I do have to say, I would not want to be their neighbor - how in the world would you sleep with all of that light?


I'm thinking their neighbor figured the house next door decorated enough for the entire street. Or perhaps they are protesting. Here is the house next door.


Last year the Observer listed several houses with incredible displays. The house below was one of them. Festive yet tasteful!




1 comment:

Donna said...

Good Post! I'm glad you were able to go to the Library.

I made your YUMMY coffee cake this morning and it was a HIT at my parent's house. I think there are only 2 servings left. Thanks!!!