For the last 6 or 7 Christmas mornings, I have served a yummy and very easy to make coffeecake. Notice I said served on Christmas morning - yes, friends you can make this the day before and cook it the morning you need it. How is that for simple?
This morning I went to Hannah's for a wonderful Christmas breakfast. Hannah is quite the hostess! Everything was wonderful - breakfast casserole, muffins, sausage balls, party ham sandwiches - I know there was more, but at this point in my carb induced comatose state I can not remember! I brought my go to coffeecake and am sharing the recipe here.
Cream Cheese Coffeecake
2 Cans Crescent Rolls
1 Cup Sugar
12 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 egg, separated
Topping
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional - I am not a nut person!)
In greased 9X13 pan, spread 1 can of rolls. Blend together cream cheese, 1 Cup Sugar, Vanilla and egg yolk. Spread mixture over rolls. Top with second layer of rolls. Brush slightly with egg white. Sprinkle topping over all.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
A little bit of history: I got this recipe from a MOPS Newsletter - back when I was a MOP at Calvary Church when Jere was a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
YES! Nancy, I have been thinking about this yummy piece of heaven you made this morning all day long! I can't wait to make it for my family this week. It's so healthy, too!
Hip Hip Hooray. Thank you, Nance! I can't wait to make it either. It was a HIT!
Post a Comment