Around 1pm today David and I surprised Jere and Caroline and picked them up from school early. Once they got in the car they were informed that we were going to get our new dog TODAY! To say they were excited would be an understatement. We drove to Laurinburg to get the puppy. When we walked into the Kennel and Fancy - yes, that is her name- came out of her little area Jere and Caroline were grinning from ear to ear. David was too! I was trying to take some pictures of this blessed event!
Once Fancy started to play and interact with everyone Caroline decided she was a little bit scared of sweet Fancy. Caroline would run from her and Fancy, thinking this was some sort of game, would try to chase Caroline. Good times!
.jpg)
Jere from the get go has been completely into this dog!
After obtaining the necessary paperwork and taking in some "helpful hints" we were ready to leave. The expression on Jere's face is priceless - he is in love with this puppy!

Just as a recap - here is what Caroline did most of the time
As I write this, Fancy is whining in her crate - apparently this is to be expected. Tonight reminds me of the first night home with a new baby - only it's a puppy not a newborn. And I think I felt like I knew more about what I was doing with a newborn. Fortunately, David is an expert on dogs. Seriously - this is puppy number 3 for him. First puppy for me - the other's he had when we met and are no longer living.
I will end this tonight with the lyrics to a song I've been singing all night ~Fancy sung by Reba Mcentire
She said heres your chance fancy dont let me down
Heres your one chance fancy dont let me down
Lord forgive me for what I do, but if you want out
Well its up to you
Now dont let me down you better start movin uptown
I used to just love this song, but until recently I did not know exactly what it was about. We have high aspirations for our Fancy! And no, we are not going into the dog breeding business!
.jpg)
8 comments:
I think of that song too when I hear that name! That sweet face on Jere is priceless. She looks like such a precious little dog. What a great thing for you and your family!
Nancy, I'm laughing that you wrote out the lyrics to that song! I can totally hear Reba singing it right now! Acutally, that is a good song:)
I'm glad you got a dog! She is so cute, too. I know it must have been fun watching the kids' expressions. And since David is such an expert on dogs, make HIM get up with sweet Fancy when she starts whining to go potty at 2 am.
Oh, and HPS and I were driving by Laurinburg today, I think. That's down 74, right?! We could have met for lunch.
Donna - I'm with you on the "dog whisperer" getting up in the middle of he night. That is the plan. I'll let you know how that goes.
YES Laurinburg is down 74. We could have met for lunch. Wait -there is no CB there. Or within 50 miles of Laurinburg.
There ain't no CB but there IS a Smithfield's BBQ AND that's where we got some din din for our men!!!!! Hubba Hubba.
I remember it well lookin back. It was the summer I turned 18....something about plain white trash....and Fancy was her name...Did I make up those words or is that the right song?
LOVE the pup and LOVE the name! You're a mess, Fancy Nance. :)
Welcome to the family Fancy!
Hannah - you are thinking of the right song.
Annonymous - is that you Julie? If so, way to go on commenting!!
Congrats on the new dog!! Love her name!
Now, Nancy, have you considered the fact that getting another "baby" is really a longing on your part for #3 ?????? We need more babies in this blog circle.
Post a Comment