Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Keep Christmas Sweaters Out of Christmas!

Over Thanksgiving I announced to some family members - who shall remain nameless - that it was high time to put away the Christmas sweaters that are normally pulled out the day after Thanksgiving. Seriously - step away from the Christmas Sweaters!

One family member (Hi Julie!) agreed with me and endorsed my "suggestion" of keeping Christmas sweaters out of Christmas. Several others hemmed and hawed, but came to the conclusion that they were perhaps a thing of the past. One in particular even went so far to describe a sweater she was hoping to wear this season.

Fast forward to today when one of the nameless family members calls me. She said she hoped she wouldn't run into me anywhere today. I inquired why - and she replied that she was wearing a Christmas sweater. I told her to take a picture and I would post it on the blog. She giggled that that would be a fun thing to do: go around town and take pictures of people wearing Christmas sweaters.

Great idea! This person needs a blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMM...could that be my mother who was wearing that lovely sweater?

Donna said...

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. Christmas swaeters need to be retired! I think of two things when I see Christmas sweaters: a teacher and Michelle Duggar.

Melissa said...

I will admit I wear a cheezy not to mention tacky Christmas sweater to work. I do it to be festive for the children I teach. They appreciate them. I was told Friday when I was wearing a Mamawish one that I looked like a preschool teacher. Well duh, I wonder why?
Long live the Christmas sweaters!