Monday, March 24, 2008

The Dollar Movie

OK - this is for all of you whose children did not have Spring Break last week. The Dollar Movie in Matthews is now $2 (did they change the name to the Two Dollar Movie? negative). The paper advertises $1 tickets on Tuesdays. Being the oh so nice mom that I am, I decided to take my children and two others to see The Chipmunks movie. Even better than that, we enjoyed McDonalds for lunch and time in the play place prior to the movie! Does it get better than that? Why yes it does! Read on to find out......

After lunch we bolted over to the Movie Theater to get our tickets. The line was way long - so long that I questioned weather we'd be able to see the Chipmunks at the appointed time. After waiting in a line that did not move because the employees were not working yet, we made it to the ticket counter and asked for 5 tickets. The total was $2.50 - Monday movies are $.50! What a deal!

This is a great tip to file away for summertime. I could take bunches (okay 5 children will fit in my van, 6 if one is old enough to sit in the front) of children to the movies! Good times!

No comments: