Monday, January 12, 2009

Zumba in the House

The Lord's house that is! This morning I went to a Zumba class at our church. Donna and I had made plans to meet for this class. And I knew Kelley would be there. It turned out to be like Homecoming or something. It was loads of fun and you don't even realize you are exercising. It's a bunch of dance moves and I felt so comfortable just like when I danced professionally.

Or not.

Seriously, I am the most uncoordinated person on earth - and I didn't even get the moves, but I loved it! I will definitely be going back.

One side effect to note: I left the class and realized I was STARVING! The Southbeach bar I had at 7 am did not hold me over ONE.BIT!

5 comments:

Betsy said...

I've been to zumba at the Y and it is sooo much fun!!

Donna said...

hahaha! THat was a fun class and I'm seriously feeling it in my upper back for some reason. Maybe it's from the way I was throwing back my arms trying to keep up with all those moves? I'm going to feel it tomorrow even better!

Jennifer said...

You guys better take your camera next time you go! That Donna has no shame when it comes to taking pictures...get her to do it!

Happy Four said...

Nancy, thanks for the comment on my blog. I hope to attend a Zumba class in early February.

You asked if I had a child at WEE School. I do this year, but didn't last year. We just moved here in June from Arizona :)

Maybe I'll see you and Donna at Zumba...I don't have any moves so it would be a great laugh!

Melissa said...

Zumba is a lot of fun. I too am choreographically challenged, but I did enjoy the zumba class I took at the Y. Not sure if the 12 people I stepped on enjoyed me being there, but I sure had fun.