Monday, February 23, 2009

Wrap Up

Well, Well.... I've got much to report from the last week or so.


Jere received his Character Trait Tag in Chapel last Tuesday. Every child will receive one (or more) before the end of the year. Here he is pictured with their guest speaker Patrick Cannon (former Mayor Pro Tem of CLT). After speaking the students, Mr Cannon had a special prize for each to the Trait Tag recipients.



We also celebrated Jere's birthday at school last Tuesday. He requested donuts! I brought them in at lunch and the class enjoyed a sugar filled dessert before heading to recess and the remainder of the day. God bless his teachers!!

(Not the Birthday Ribbon worn proudly by Jere!)


This past weekend was busier than I would like, but great - Saturday in particular was crazy: both Jere and Caroline had basketball games to play or cheer in - last games for season, followed by baseball tryouts for Jere, David and Jere went to the Providence Day (David's Alma Mata) Charlotte Christian game, and then David and I were able to get away for a yummy dinner together!

The overwhelming consensus from those with older children is "get used to it". Weekends are crazy.

We are gearing up for baseball season. I'm not sure there will be much of a break between basketball ending and baseball starting for Jere.

Today was a great Zumba class! So many friends in attendance. And a blogunion! Melissa - the coupon queen and Donna were able to meet! Luckily, I had my camera in my purse and snapped a picture of the two of them meeting.



Kelley and Sherri were there also, but I did not get a picture of them. Hannah, this would be a great class for you to come to. You could meet more bloggers!

After Zumba I came home, switched out laundry and attacked a project. David went through his closet yesterday and got rid of tons of old things! I went through the stacks, made a list for tax purposes, bagged the clothing into FIVE garbage bags, and made a drop off at Goodwill!
FYI - the list was 4 1/2 pages long!!

Here is the stack after it had been itemized, but before being placed into bags:


Tomorrow, it's back to chapel at the school. The Second grade is leading chapel and Jere wants me to be there. So I will!







3 comments:

Sherri said...

You are quick with that camera! I didn't even see you take that picture - you're good!

Donna said...

Oh, I am so glad you aren't going to be the loser mom this time. Way to make it to chapel to support your child:)

And that is SUCH a flattering picture of me! Thanks so much. I look great in it. (I"m laughing!) It was good to finally meet Melissa after all these months.

I hope your week and weekend are slower.

Jennifer said...

I'm so proud of you that you made a list for a tax write-off. I don't have the patience so it just all goes into a big ole garbage bag...good for you since we're going to need all the help with our taxes we can get!

Did Donna get teary eyed hugging The Coupon Queen? You know how those coupon girls are bonded! :)