I have to share something that may have revolutionized birthday parties - at least for the school age set.
Evites!
Sunday night - during the Super Bowl- I sent out Evites as Jere's birthday party invitation. Originally I was going to use them as "save the date" reminders, but decided to go ahead and send them for the actual invitation. Within an hour I had 4 RSVPs. Yes, you read me right - within an hour 4 RSVPs were in. As of today, I have heard from almost everyone - except for my sister regarding Alex's attendance. And I am sure he will be there.
Had I mailed invitations it would be days before I would have heard who could come because a) the invitation would take a day to get to the person b) the parent (mom) would have to email or call with their response c) sometimes people lose paper when it comes in their house.
There are some great ways to have adorable birthday party invitations, but lets face it - the last several years Jere has wanted to have his birthday party at Sports Connection. You have to include directions and a waiver for this party so it's just easier to use the invitations they provide. Not the most beautiful, but efficient in getting the necessary information out.
This year Jere has requested a basketball party at a local basketball facility. In keeping with this theme I was able to have basketballs as the background for the evite/invite. I also included a link to mapquest showing directions from the school to the facility.
Easy Peasy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
So glad that I sent my RSVP in quickly and my name was not mentioned in the blog!
Way to be on the ball, Nancy. See, you're not a loser mom.
That's right! No loser mom there! Great job, Nance. I love evites b/c they are so much easier to RSVP to AND they send you reminders! Now, if they could come up w/ e-TY Notes, I'd be in BIDNESS!
Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
Post a Comment