Warning: This post has way to many links to songs.
Kelley told me about this song. Hilarious!
Check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_uPLSPbA1g
Nothing like some good 70s style worship music. After I saw this I got to thinking about how glad I am that worship songs have changed throughout the years! I was also reminded of how much I love worship songs (not the song in the above link, but worship songs in general). Many times these songs can speak a sermon of their own.
I thought I would share some of my current favorites. Not all of these are current songs (i.e. heard on radio or sung in church) remember iTunes is your friend.
I enjoy any worship song led by Travis Cottrell and his praise team. The man really knows how to lead people into incredible Worship with the Lord. He travels with Beth Moore and leads worship at the Living Proof Live events and Deeper Still. Last month I attended the Live Recording of his new Worship CD (to be released in June, I believe). It will be a good one!
Here are some of my favorites from Travis Cottrell:
1. In Christ Alone -
2. Rescue - this particular version is with Don Moen. I think Travis sings verse 2.
3. Jesus Saves
Here are some of my other current favorites:
1. Lose My Soul - tobyMac. Just so you know this is more of an exercise song for me. I'm not into rapping. Interesting note: the iTunes version of this does not say "Are you a punk...." like the 91.9 radio version does.
2. Hallelujah - Darlene Zschech's version. It came out as a Christmas song and The Message (XM Radio) has been playing this ever since. It is beautiful!
3. Glorious One - Steve Fee. Love when we sing this on Sunday mornings!
4. Majestic - Lincoln Brewster. Travis Cottrell also does this. Another song we sing on Sunday mornings.
5. How Great is Our God
Some blasts from the past:
1. Awesome God - still a great song. "When He rolls up His sleeves He aint just puttin' on the ritz"
2. Lord I lift Your Name on High
3. That's why we praise Him
4. Praise the Lord
5. I Offer My Life - I think we used to sing this about 10 years ago pretty regularly. Great song!!
6. Trumpet of Jesus
7. He Knows My Name - another Marantha Singers song. I like pretty much everything they produce.
8. Shine Jesus Shine - blast from my past. Our Youth Choir used to sing this.
9. God will make a way
Okay, I have just had way to much fun finding these songs and belting them out. What are your favorite worship songs?
.jpg)
9 comments:
Nance!!!! You were holdin out on us. You TOTALLY coulda done the FFFA w/ this post, you suckah. Love it.
I'm speechless about that ska song...who knew "Jesus is like a mounty? He always gets his man!"
Seriously, though, you picked some great songs. My "favorite" changes every so often, but I've really loved Chris Tomlin's Amazing Grace/My Chains Are Gone for awhile now.
Good post, NBD! That you tube thing was funny!!
I am with you on "How Great Is Our God". I love that one.
This is not a worship song, but that new song by Casting Crowns "Slow Fade" is so good. The words are so true and it's a catchy tune. I think it was in the movie "Fireproof".
"He taught me how to praise my God and still play rock and roll." Enough said.
Great post Nancy. My favorite are anyI Michael W. Smith worship songs...his style is right up my alley.
Okay, can I just say that when we sing In Christ Alone I literally get complete chills all over my body - the violin, the flute, and of course, the great words. I have never raised my hands in a song, but that part in the song where it gets louder and the words are "up from the grave he rose again" makes me really want to! :) You can tell it touches everyone else because everyone is singing that song and hands are going up everwhere...love it!
Off the subject, I was sitting here this afternoon watching What not to Wear on TLC and they showed your EXACT coat that you wore last Saturday when we all met for lunch. But NO WORRIES, they used it as an example of what you should wear. It's so cute!
Me too, Jenny...except I really do raise em. I can't contain myself. I want that song at my funeral. Just give it a whirl. Don't hold back, girl. That's what we call the Spirit movin in ya. :)
hahah! Jennifer! I am so with you:) I love that song and that part, too, but I have never raised my hands, either!! One day, we'll have to be in church together when that song is played.
Love the YT video of the first song. Glad Jesus taught him "how to turn his cheek when people laugh at him." I'm sure it was a happening song in it's time!
I love anything by Steve Fee
All Because of Jesus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmdylCFUBs8
We Shine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdfuC5V5NYk
Happy Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMQt3XlNroQ
and my favorite:
Beautiful Blood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3lrV2BFhvE
His CD is one worship CD I never get bored with and I love to exercise to his music!
Post a Comment