We had a really fun time Friday night!
The afternoon started out with a bang - Cousin Christopher came home from school with us for a bit - his brother had a doctor appointment. First, we had to stop for our traditional end of the week treat at Citgo - Ices! Jere and Caroline love to get these. I will try to remember to get a picture of this next week.
Jere and Christopher played outside and were loving life.
After the ices and a bit of playing. David arrived home with his Dad. He had flown to pick him up in Atlanta. So the kids were extra hyped up. Once we got ready we went to my sister's house for dinner and trick or treating.
There was one pit stop - Dominoes Pizza. Catherine had ordered and paid for the pizza earlier in the week - for the very purpose of making sure it was ready on Halloween. The pizza place is on our way so we were glad to stop and pick it up. David dropped me off and when I walked in - it hit me - I had walked into a complete MAD HOUSE!
They had no idea what they were doing. There was a crowd of people waiting for their orders, the phone was ringing non-stop with new orders (who were promised delivery in 30 minutes - no less), and a label maker thing for the pizza boxes was going hay wire!
Complete chaos I tell you. Complete chaos.
To make a long story short - we had to wait 30 minutes for pizza that was supposed to be ready when I walked in the door. Notice I said "we". At one point, I walked to the door of the store and motioned to David to come in and help me. My father-in-law gets out to help. Soon after we had our pizzas in hand and were able to proceed to my sisters!
In addition to the pizza she had hot dogs, chili, and chicken tenders. I don't care for hot dogs, but I love chili (made without beans) on a hotdog bun. Catherine got the chili just right. I will ask her to send me the recipe to share.
Before I share pictures of all of the kids, here is a picture for you
This is David's mom. Can you imagine seeing her driving down Highway 51? Note Caroline in the back thinking she is being all sneaky giving "bunny ears" on Daddy. Sorry, Caroline, you're not quite tall enough to give Daddy bunny ears - yet!Patsy was a pumpkin and David was a hot daddy - a part he plays daily!
Here are our two - can you guess what they are?

A football player and a cheerleader! Notice Caroline has her water bottle with strap on her - the girl is prepared. I believe this is the Jesus water bottle too.
In addition to being a football player and cheerleader, it appears that both Jere and Caroline are being a sweet and loving brother and sister. Oh that this could the case every day!
.jpg)
2 comments:
Good post, Nancy! I can imagine the chaos at Dominos...that would drive me nuts! I can't stand chaos like that.
The kids look cute! Jere is such a sweet big brother (you're probably laughing, but it looks that way to the blog world!).
Nancy, first off, I like chili with no beans in a bun too...we're soul sisters!
Your kiddos look adorable and do look like they really love each other. :) By the way, the Obama/McCain story was cute...who won?
Post a Comment