Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shout Out For Help

Party Season is upon us! I would love some new appetizer recipes. Please share a recipe for a yummy appetizer - I don't care if you think it's the oldest recipe around or the easiest - just share it in the comments section.

My party attenders thank you! And so do I.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taco dip is always a good one and it is so easy!!! you will need sour cram cheese onions and tomatos cream cheese and taco seasoning in the pack and lettuce black olives if you like them. Just mix the sour cream and the cream cheese and taco seasoning in a bowl then put in 9x13 and just stack it up in layers like a taco and serve with chips.

Sherri said...

Well, I'm such a good cook, you know I have a ton ! :) (yeah right!). Here is a couple:

Italian Caprese Crostini (Reid Smith's recipe I make at the beach)

1 large baguette - sliced, 6 Tbsp. butter, 15 cherry tomoatoes - sliced, 8 oz. mozzarella diced, 1/4 cup fresh basil, 2Tbsp. capers, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, salt & pepper.

Brush both sides of bread with softened butter. Place on cookie sheet under broiler with rack in highest position. Toast both sides until brown (1 min. per side).

In medium bowl, add salt and pepper to tomoato slices. Add cheese, basil, capers, olive oil and lemon juice. Toss lightly to coat and mix. Place heaping spoonful on each crostini and serve.

Sherri said...

Layered Bean Dip

1 (16 ounce) can fat free refried beans
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 cup salsa
1 cup preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
Chopped cilantro (optional)

Prehead over to 375. Combine beans, spread in an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread sour cream over beans, top with salsa and cheese. Cover and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Uncover, bake 10 minutes more. Garnish with cilantro, if you want. Serve with tortilla chips - really easy and good!

I always love a good veggie tray and deviled eggs too!

Jennifer said...

Nancy, I feel like I haven't been on your blog in so long - I've been a major blog slacker lately!

I don't cook a lot of appetiezers - I do more sweets. But, let me think about it and get back to you. Now, tell us about all the parties you're hosting...I'll live vicariously through you! :)

Chelle said...

Nancy, I just posted this cheese ball...it is fantastic!

http://whatsfordin-din.blogspot.com/2008/11/apple-cheese-ball.html