
Today I had the privilege of meeting a fellow blogger. I met Hannah through Donna and have enjoyed reading her blog. The three of us (and Roy Austin) met for lunch at the Cracker Barrel - is there any other place?
Those of you who know me know that there are other places I like to eat - McAllister's, Acropolis, etc. But I digress.
Hannah and Donna are just as much fun to be around as they appear in their blog. We had a blast! And can I say that Roy Austin is the best.baby.EVER? He behaved beautifully and is the biggest flirt.
As for lunch, Hannah and Donna were good with vegetable plates - I had Vegetable Soup and Grilled Cheese with Bacon. What can I say, I like to live dangerously?
Hannah ran into a friend - I jumped at the chance to play paparazzi
After lunch we had a chance to leisurely browse through the store and select somethings that might be acceptable for our Christmas Swap.Here is Donna expressing joy over the lovely Christmas Ornaments.
Where is Roy Austin you ask? Oh he's playing with the Cracker Barrel Nanny -

I found the perfect gift - it's Bill Gaither's Christmas Homecoming Concert! Please someone tell me what these pink bunny ears/ballet slippers are to the left of my head? It has something to do with my camera.

Donna really liked this table of Christmas sweaters. Things got a little crazy when this group of ladies came in liking the same sweaters. But, you'll be happy to know that Donna was a lady and did not go to fighting with this group.
Hannah is giving thought to this cowgirl outfit - good idea for swap?
Soon it was time to go. On the way home I remembered that Donna was unable to find a suitable Christmas Sweater - I swung by Steinmart and found a few possibilities for her

Or one of these? I wasn't sure if the Santa sweater might be a little controversial?
.jpg)
15 comments:
Nancy, you are so funny. I'm laying her on the couch with my laptop and I'm shaking.
First off, what is the Acropolis? Never heard of it. I'm guessing it's Greek food?
Also, I got the vegetable plate but you failed to mention that the 'vegetables' were mac and cheese, dumplings....
It was a fun outing. I loved the pics. And the Steinmart sweaters are breathtaking. I LOVE the cardinal one...very Virginia-ish/Blueblood. Claaassssy.
Nance, you are a MESS. I had a GREAT time w/ you and we must do it more often. The pleasure was ALL mine, girl...ALL mine!
AAAHHHH!!!! HOw fun! I wish I could've been there with you guys! It looks like you had great fun! Yes, you did find some "keepers" with those sweaters. WOW!
BTW - I love your coat!
By the way, I just noticed that the girl raiding the Sweater table has a nice snowflake sweatshirt on. I bet she's a repeat "Holiday Sweater" offender.
Kristi - glad you like my coat - it was a Target special last year!
Donna - GOOD eye with the sweater table lady.
Where else can you eat and shop all in the same store! Man I love the Cracker Barrel. Donna, we have to take you to Akropolis! It's a "must do" lunch place. Glad you girls had a great time - the pictures are great!
First off, Nancy, we have the same taste in restaurants...Cracker Barrel and McAlisters. We're food sistas!
Secondly, it appears that you are making fun of Christmas sweaters. Aren't you afraid you will offend someone like Kristi?
Thirdly, I don't want to sound like sour grapes, but I am only 1 1/2 hours up the road...are SC girls not invited into the democratic voting state of NC girls lunch group? Sniff, sniff.
Have a great week!!! :)
Actually, Jenny. We discussed this. We said you need to come up to see us for some serious Christmas shopping Southpark style or we need to have another Cracker Barrel date in Gaffney before the twins come. Your call.
Sherri's right - Donna you have to try Acropolis.
Jennifer - Donna is completely speaking the truth. You can either come to the CLT or we will meet you in Gaffney at the barrel - your choice. I may or may not wear a Christmas sweater.
Ahh girls, you don't need to do that...so what about tomorrow? Only kidding!
Well, you guys just let me know and I'm game for either. My sister just went to Gaffney today, but I decided not to go at the last minute. I'll have to get the 411 on any good deals.
Is Acropolis greek? I LOVE Greek grub. I used to wish I was greek when I was little.
Jenny, we do want to arrange a Christmas shopping or lunch rendezvous w/ you!
BTW, Nance, I was thinkin and the cardinal is the NORTH CAROLINA state bird, silly...your home state.:)
HPS - The Acropolis is Greek food and it is fabulous. Conveniently located in the Arboretum - that just might need to be our next lunch!
My bad on the Cardinal - What is Virginia's state bird?
SInce I am a Virginian by birth, let me tell you that the Cardinal is also VA's bird:)
So is the new barrel open? How'd I miss that?
Melsie - We went to the barrel near Carowinds. The new CB opens tomorrow - December 1st.
Post a Comment