.jpg)
I did not take any pictures in air because apparently the flash would have been disturbing? David is a wonderful pilot and the 3 take offs and 3 landings were very smooth.
Why three take offs and landings? The very first time we took off, I heard his flight instructor say "Do you think my door is closed?" I thought they were kidding.
They weren't. David turned that plane around, landed it - very smoothly I might add - Will slammed his door shut - as we were barrelling down the run way - and he took off again.
It was pretty exciting.
What was really exciting was getting to Georgetown/the Beach in 40 minutes. In a car this would take no less than 3.5 hours without any stops.

I'm seeing David running a shuttle to the beach this summer. Perhaps I should write a business plan for this venture?
What do you do when you arrive in a city with no car? The airports have SPECIAL cars they let you use called Courtesy Cars. Here is a picture of the car we used for the evening

.jpg)
6 comments:
Good for you, Nancy. I don't think I would fly with Roy yet. I'd be a little nervous!!!
And I LOVE the car they had waiting for you. Lucky Ducks!
So what you're saying is David is out for hire?
Well Donna, it would depend on what you meant by out for hire? hee hee
I'm only joking about the business plan - I'm pretty sure it's illegal for him to be paid to fly someone.
Love it and you ARE brave. Did you pretend your were JFK, Jr. and Carolyn Bissett(sp?) minus the crash part? You gotta admit it's kinda romantic to fly somewhere w/out the kids just for dinner. Whatever you do, don't visit the the NieNie blog cuz that might be the last romantic jaunt in the plane.
PS...I'm proud of you for refraining from any "mile high" jokes. Hubba Hubba. :)
What fun! Now you have your very own "Pretty Woman" moment (remember, when Richard Gere flies Julia Roberts somewhere just to watch a play?) Very romantic! Anyhoo, I see this being a great thing for your relationship....and for your friends in the off chance David wants to fly us girls somewhere for a girls weekend! ;)
Wow!! How fun and exciting! That sounds like a great night! :) Reminds me of Pretty Woman!
Wow I'm so proud of you. You have definitely overcome your fear of flying. How long until you get your liscence?
Post a Comment