Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cue the Doxology!

Remember this song? Go ahead, click the link and listen. Growing up we would sing this as the offering would be brought up to the alter. We don't sing this song every Sunday, but there are times when it comes to my mind and today is one of them!

David has been out of town for a week. He left last Thursday to go to Argentina for a hunting trip. It has been a long week and I am so happy that he is coming home today! I thought he was coming home around midnight tonight, but he called at 6:30 this morning from Miami. He is on US soil and should be home around lunchtime. That was a wonderful surprise!

I haven't posted about our week without Daddy because I did not want it on the Internet that my husband was out of town - even though we have an incredible alarm system. I'll be posting about the craziness soon!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Yea! It's always the best feeling when your husband come home ater a long trip!!! I'm excited for you and the kids. Roy will be jealous about a hunting trip in Argentina:)

Kristi Smalley said...

Doxology! That is hilarious! I haven't thought about that song in so long. We would always sing at the end of Communion. The church all had to join hands and we would sing this song acapela.

kristin said...

OK, thanks to you, Anna Kate is walking around saying, "turn on the doxology again!" It's on her kid's Hymns CD that we have to listen to quite often in the car, so hearing it from the "pooter" was the highlight of her day. I know the good feeling of a returning travelling husband. Enjoy!

Chrystal said...

Yeah, I know you'll be glad to have your hubby home! I'd been wondering about you . . . and I'm waiting for some triple totals!

Jennifer said...

Ahhh, takes me back to chapel at Bob Jones...

Wow, Argentina...that boy of yours ain't messin around when it comes to hunting, is he? Good for him!