After reading Sherri's post on summer structure, I wanted to share one of the "tools" on my "tool belt" for summer - the awesome resource known as the Summer Book. It is a wonderful workbook to use as reinforcement and review of the past school year. We used this last summer and it was a hit! Honestly, each day takes about 15 minutes and, since the work is review, it is easy. I like keeping the brain working throughout the summer and this workbook makes it simple.
What about you? How do you structure your summer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
My Summer Structure
1. Survive the initial "What do we do now?" syndrome by explaining that Mom is not their summer camp counselor and that's why I bought those new legos at the yard sale.
2. Send them to Camp Grandma, China Camp, and camping.
3. Start school all over again.
I love Carson Delosa's Summer Bridge books. You can get them at Lakeshore Learning Store in Windsor Square. They have a great motivational section and are broken down into sessions.
Post a Comment