David has a pilot's class in the Atlanta area this weekend. And I am going along for the ride. We are going to fly down Friday afternoon and return Sunday after his class is finished.
He has a dinner Friday night that we need to attend. He'll have class on Saturday during the day - after sleeping in, I'll be lounging by the pool, shopping, reading, MAYBE running. Who am I kidding? I will not be running in the ATL!
Sunday he has class (and we are skipping church - SHHH!) and I'm looking forward to meeting a sweet friend from high school for lunch.
You might have noticed we have no plans for Saturday night. Tonight we were talking about the choices - and in Atlanta there are plenty of yummy restaurants, but when you fly you don't have a car (potential problem). We are going to be staying at a hotel near the private airport and, as luck would have it, one of the billion of malls in the Atlanta area.
With shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, to David's class, to most anywhere in the area there really is no need to rent a car.
Back to dinner - a quick google search yielded a plethora of choices. As I scanned down the list - I let out a slight squeal and put my hands up in the air - in serious praise and thanksgiving!
Before I could even say what restaurant was in the area - David said, "We are not going to eat at the Cracker Barrel in Atlanta!!"
Oh, he knows me too well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
8 comments:
Ha! He does know you too well. Great place for your lunch though! I'm sure you'll find a lovely place for dinner, that both of you will be happy with. What a fun, relaxing weekend!
Aw man! That sounds SOOOO fun, Nance. Also sounds like yo man wants to tak his WOman out on a HOT date in HOTLANTA Sat. night! You're just a little jetsetter, Fance!
i meant "take..."
Which airport?
Okay Nancy, I'm siding with David on this one...no Cracker Barrel for a nice dinner in Atlanta! :) Have a great time!
Nancy, please don't go to Cracker Barrel in ATL!!! Go to a neat place that they don't have in CLT.
Have fun!
Does the CEO of Cracker Barrell know about you? Someone needs to alert him.
Now about this church issue....I expect you to be in the house of the Lord on Sunday, even if you have to walk from the hotel....I mean, I'm not a legalist or anything but I think there is NEVER a good excuse to miss. HA~
Have a great time in Atlanta!
Post a Comment