Thursday, March 5, 2009

Goal Update

It's the beginning of March and I thought I'd share an update on where I am on the road to meeting my "goals" for 2009.



* I plan to read through the Bible in 2009 * I am on track to meet this goal! According to my calculations I have now,at the end of February, read 1/6th of the Bible. And I have learned so much!



One of the readings coincided perfectly with what Jere's class was studying at school. When I was helping him study for the test I was so excited that I knew some of the same details he was being tested on. This particular week was on Joseph's life in prison and Joseph's interpretation of the Cup bearer's Dream.



I was raised in a Christian home, have gone to Church most all of my life, went to a Christian high school and yet some of these stories that my second grader is learning I am learning the detail rich material right along side of him.



So reading the entire Bible by the end of the year is attainable.



* I plan to reach my goal of tracking where dollars go in the household budget * I would not say I have made as much progress in this area as I would like. I can track everything that was spent using a debit card. I'll just leave it at that!



This is a work in progress.



* I am going to run a 5K in 2009 * The 5K has been scheduled, the cohorts have been found, the hotel room has been secured, the training is painful.



Dawn (who needs a blog), Christy (wnab), Sherri, and I are running in the Race for the Cure in Savannah Ga in April. My friend August, who I did the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer with, is on the team bringing this race to Savannah. When she told me about the race and that Paula Deen was going to be the Honorary Chairman - I was in!!


The way I figure it we'll enjoy Friday in Savannah, run Saturday morning (anywhere from 15 minutes (Dawn) to 45 minutes or more (the rest of us) ), and enjoy Savannah the rest of the time. I think 1 hour of pain is worth a fun-filled weekend. Don't you?

8 comments:

Donna said...

How many miles is a 5K? Ya'll are going to have a fun time. Go to the Lady and Son's on Friday, eat a really fattening, greasy meal and then run it off on Saturday. Just don't get sick first:)

Way to go on the reading the Bible goal. I'm glad you stayed on track with that one. The money one is hard. The only tracking I've been doing this year is how much I save with coupons grocery shopping.

Unknown said...

Yeah, Fancy! Great job.

As for 5K, You also must go to Uncle Bubba's. Shoot...I'M tempted to join ya'll cuz Savannah in April is DIVINE.

Secondly, how's the goal of quitting smokin? Maybe better now that you left big blue (your trusty lighter) here today. :) I'll be sure you get it back in case you start nickin'.

Had fun today! Love ya, mean it.

Kelley Burch said...

You are my hero! The meaning in my life, my inspiration. I am running a marathon in Hawaii.

Sherri said...

I agree that the training is painful, but the food will be worth it! Try Crown's online system "Mvelopes" for tracking spending. It does all the tracking for me and Rick is so happy! Looking forward to April - so proud of you!

Unknown said...

Fancy, put the RWAV button on your blog so all your readers can see your first official RWAV post!

Happy Four said...

You are in inspiration!

Kristi Smalley said...

Good goals, Nancy, good goals.

Dawn said...

Great goal with the Bible reading, very inspiring. I just read your blog tonight and was reminded to register for the race-- so I'm official and looking forward to a much needed girls' weekend! =)