Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Back to Life / Back to Reality

This past weekend David and I went to the beach and spent the weekend with 5 other couples who are a part of our Supper Club. The weekend was fabulous - incredible weather, wonderful food, hilarious times of fellowship, sleeping in 3 mornings, rest, relaxation - you get the idea. Coming home - not so fabulous.

David and two of the other men flew down to the beach. On our way out of town, we dropped them off at the small municipal airport at the beach. After they took off, we took off in the car and headed back towards Charlotte. I called my sister to let her know that David would be home in 45 minutes and would be by to pick up our children. (FYI - the drive time is 3 h 45 minutes) I was informed my sweet daughter had become sick in the night. Without going into all of the gory details I'll just say, my sister and brother-in-law deserve a medal (or a gift certificate to a REALLY nice restaurant) for what they had to put up with.

Monday morning, after a sleepLESS night for everyone in the house, I took Caroline to the doctor (a Physician Assistant in this case) - she said Caroline had a "nasty"/"horrible" ear infection. An antibiotic should clear it up and we are already seeing an improvement!

Coming home from time away is always difficult. Re-entry is not fun! As much as I love my children, I love having time away from them. (Did I just write that?) Yes. Yes, I did.

No comments: