Sunday, May 11, 2008

Running Pet Peeves

This post is a long time coming. You see it has been in the works for at least a month now as I run and run and run. There are certain things that bug me while I run. Here they are:


Construction Workers Whistling and Hollering while driving down the road (Right, Sherri?)

My hair not staying in a pony tail and hitting me in the face (easily solved by these

http://www.goody.com/Products/Accessories/Headbands_and_Scarves/Sport/Sport.aspx)

Leg Cramps

Hills

Walkers who walk faster than I jog

Being passed on a sidewalk by a bicyclist. Last time I checked bikers rode on the road.

Being really hungry later hours after running

Feeling the need to sneeze and having bladder control issues ('nough said!)

Not losing a. single. ounce. What is with that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK I hit a plateau threee weeks ago and metabolism came to a screeching halt. Called friend of mine who is studying to be personal trainer. She said this:

A - (You prob know this one) - Run for 1 minute - walk hard for two minutes (this gets metabolism confused so it decides to stay in full gear to prepare for next needed burst of energy.

B - Lite carbs (apple, bread, etc) before a run or workout. Then within an hour after your workout have a protein meal like big salad, eggs, chicken, etc. Lots of reasons for this... I'm sure you know

C - Don't mix fruit with any other food (except high proteins-eggs, cottage cheese etc) Too hard for body to digest. Eat fruit one hour after other foods or 2 hours before a meal.

I dropped 3 pounds in a week after using this advice from her. Slowing down again though... gonna step it up again. Let me know how it goes.

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing the insight of the trainer. These are things to think about - for sure. Not fun, but necessary!
Blessings!!