Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'M BAAAAAACK!!

Is anyone still here? I'm here, but I've had writer's block with my blogging. Facebook is just so easy! Speaking of Facebook, Hannah commented that my recent status should be a blog post. Thanks Hannah for breaking my writer's block!

Last night we had a business party here - had to clarify that it was indeed a work party and not a party party that so that there are no hurt feelings! Late yesterday afternoon in an effort to bring a little class to our home, I decided that the sign on our front door reading "UPS/FEDEX Please do NOT leave packages. Dog will eat!" should come down. The story involving Fancy eating a UPS package is another blogpost for another day! Seriously, that dog IS Satan!

So I took the sign on the front door down and in removing it removed some of the stain on our front door. It looked pretty bad - much worse than the sign did. David was in the shower when all of this transpired and this is not something that would have brought joy to his heart.

He picked out the doors HIMSELF when we were building the house - drove to a door place in Rock Hill SC. It could have been because by the time picking out the front doors came around I was so sick of picking out every.single.thing that I would have picked out the first set of doors that fit - or got back in the car and headed to the local Home Depot. Or it could have been because at the point in the building process where the doors were selected I was early pregnant with A GIRL (nausea anyone?) and not feeling to well and honestly could have not have cared less about a stinking door.

But now I love the doors. He has good taste.

I toyed with the idea of putting the sign back up. And then in a stroke of pure brilliancy - perhaps because of my friend Sherri's crayon issue last week? - thought to try a little bit of brown crayon on the door.

Regular old Crayola brown/cafe/brun crayon. And it worked! Does it look perfect? No. But it works for me!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WAHHOOOOOOOO. Get the party started! Fancy (and I don't mean the dog) is BACK. I knew you had it in you, Nance and whooooo woulda thought that it would be all because of Crayola's "brun"? Love it. Love you. Missed ya in the blogosphere. Don't be shy. I know you've got more where that came from!

Donna said...

Nancy? Excuse me while I choke on my lunch. I'm in shock that you are back in blogspot land!!! YIPPEEE! Yes, you have it in you to blog. You are a natural writer and reading your blog is like listening to you talk! PLEASE KEEP IT UP!!!!

The crayon thing is hilarious. Remember brown shoe polish works, too. I've used that on our coffee table from where the kids have nicked it:)

Beth said...

I clicked on you in my favorites by mistake and to my great suprise, what did I find?? So glad you are back!! Keep up the good writing. I'm sure you'll have more great stories once Caroline gets her coco dog!

Donna said...

I just came back and laughed when I saw your archives sidebar. It jumps from July to December!

Chelle said...

Welcome back! I have one question: what did David say when he saw how you "fixed" his door??

Nancy said...

Good question Chelle! The day after I solved this little problem I told him what had happened when I removed the sign - that some of the stain had come off - he said "I've been thinking we need to have the door re-stained anyway". Then I added, "so I used a crayon to "fix it". He said he wasn't sure how that would affect the re-staining process - something about the wax in the crayon? - but the problem was solved! After 11 years of my inventions/problem solving, etc I think he might just be used to it!

Kristi Smalley said...

I was wondering what happened to you....I was about to coordinate a search party with all your Charlotte friends. I'm glad you are back.