My blog has not been updated in quite some time. Partly because my computer was invaded by a virus (but it's now fixed!!) and partly because we have been busy. Apparently my photo software was not re-installed when my computer was fixed. I will have to add the photos later.
The last week has been very busy for our family. And the next week and a half will be busy too!
Last Friday, I attended a very special Mother's Day Tea in Caroline's classroom. Her class sang 3 songs - The Lord's Prayer, I Can Only Imagine and Every Step I Take (Waves of Mercy). I know what you're thinking - a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds singing I Can Only Imagine? I had been warned by Caroline earlier in the week when she started singing "imagine" in her sweet, flat singing voice. For a minute I thought they were going to sing the song "Imagine". whatever. Then she sang some other parts to the song and I said "are yall seriously going to sing I Can Only Imagine?" She said yes.
So I was prepared to focus on some other object in the room - so that I would not cry - while the class sang this incredibly moving song about being face to face with Jesus Christ -
Surrounded by Your glory what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus? Or in awe of you be still.
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing Hallelujah - will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
But it was so sweet and I only teared up for a minute. (I think because I was not surprised by the song). They had precious motions and it was a kid version of the song.
Just an aside: Do any of you deal with public sad/emotional/moving events the way I do - focus on something else really hard so that you can hold yourself together? Perhaps not the most emotionally healthy way to handle things, but it works for me!
Jere had his last regular season baseball game Friday night. They won and were ranked 2nd in the league going into the playoffs. One of his hits hit the top of the fence - he almost hit one out of the park! We are so proud of Jere and the great season he has had!
Sunday was Mother's Day. Our church had the Sounds of Liberty lead worship and it was AMAZING! We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Beth's (David's sister) house. Jere and Caroline had a blast swimming.
Today I went to the Columbia Zoo with Jere's class/grade at school. We had a really fun day and saw lots of very interesting animals. Some of the areas smelled more than others. At one point Jere said to me, "breathe in though your mouth mom - the smell isn't so bad"
We are looking at a weekend full of baseball games (at least two), birthday parties (three), and hopefully some rest and relaxation.
After tomorrow, there are only 7 days of school left! I am ready for summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
You are such a great mom! Counting down the days with you (9 for us!) Wonder how many days it will take us to start counting down the days BACK to school! :)
Finally, you're back!!! We missed you.
It takes a lot for me to cry in public. I don't know why. Sometimes I hate that about myself. I guess I'm just a strong person emotionally in public. In private, I can cry very easily.
Have a fun weekend. Hopefully you won't get rained on too badly. See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment