Reliable friends who do what they say are like cool drinks in sweltering heat—refreshing!
Proverbs 25:13 (The Message)
Recently I had an epiphany of sorts - we mom's need other mom's to get through the crazy seasons of motherhood. And crazy season refers to any and all seasons of motherhood - they all so far have challenges.
I was most reminded of this on Friday night. Jere had the first game in his baseball tournament. Caroline had a birthday party for her sweet friend since birth, Madeline. Madeline's party was uptown at Ray's Splash Planet (great place, by the way!). Jere's game was at the baseball fields in Weddingon.
Both started within a hour of each other.
I assumed David and I would have to divide and conquer - He would take Jere to his game and I would take Caroline to the birthday party. I really wanted to see Jere play. Madeline's mom, Christy, said she would take Caroline with her to the party.
You mom's know how crazy busy the minutes leading up to an off-site birthday party can be. Yet Christy was willing to do this for me. And Dawn was willing to keep an eye out for Caroline in the indoor water park that is Ray's Splash Planet.
At the game, Jere hit his first out of the park/over the fence home run. We were so proud of him! I am so glad we were both able to be there to see it. It is a moment I will not soon forget!
Friends playing back up for me and being somewhere when I can not be are not uncommon. I am so thankful for the friends I have who
- pray with me and for me and my family,
- walk beside me (running when necessary),
- do life with me,
- encourage me,
- grab what I need when they are at wal-mart, target, harris teeter, costco, michaels, ann taylor loft (don't laugh it has happened)
- allow me to bounce ideas off of them,
- make dinner for my family when there is a need,
- pick up one or both of my children at school,
- take pictures of them at an event I can not be present for,
- take my children when I need a break - or when I am packing to go out of town - or when I am out of town!,
So to my friends - Thank you - you are a refreshing blessing to me!
I should also add that I am more than happy to do any of the above for one of my friends! We mom's have to stick together and help one another out!
.jpg)
7 comments:
Sniff sniff. This was an excellent post, Nance! You are a good friend!
So, so true! What would we do without these awesome friends that God has blessed each of us with?
Good post, Nancy! It is very true!
And we are so thankful to call you friend as well. You are a true blessing to me!
Thank YOU friend! You have scratched my back many times!
You do have some good friends...and I'm sure all your friends feel the same about you.
Hey, I got something you can do for me...want to birth these babies...like today?
Nancy,
YOU are a blessing to many, and to me. We do make it through life with help- namely in the carolina place food court. You are the best.
Post a Comment